what's in your belly?

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It has been smoother times one trillion to be pregnant a second time around.  First time pregnant was not so smooth.  I was blindsided by how un-glowy and unable I was to lead a normal life.  You'd think somewhere in my brain I would have made the assumption "Growing a human + trying to live like you do normally = unlikely" but I just didn't.  So I fought it every step of the way.  I was uncomfortable and tired and on top of that, I had morning sickness and heartburn and insomnia and backache.  ugh, plus I was a moody, miserable brat.  (hi family, yea, that's me acknowledging it!)


But this time, I am chasing a toddler around and looking forward to holding a tiny baby that doesn't wiggle and squirm and scream "AGNOR?"(tractor) into my face every 20 minutes.  Oh, to snuggle with a tiny little body that just wants to be held.  I'm also worried about being attached 24/7 as this tiny new little snuggly baby will not know how to feed itself, or get its own shoes out of the shoe cabinet, or know what it means when the sound machine goes on and the lights go out (sleepy time).  But we're trying to enjoy this time as we now have an idea of what we're in store for.  We've been there, done that and we feel like old pros (okay, I'm exaggerating there a little).

But its been so much easier and smoother to have an idea of what we're getting into.  I've got heartburn?  No biggie, I saw that one coming.  I'm tired at 4p?  Yea, saw that one too - that means snack time and books with Booboo, okay no big deal.  Psychotic shopping trips to get things that I think I need?  Nope, we've got those things already (and more than we need...anyone want to buy a high chair?)

how much more relaxed and comfortable do I look in baby pic#2?  hah!  and quite frankly I'm also more tan, so that's cool.

It has been pretty hilarious trying to get Grey to understand about the new baby.  He has fully gotten it down that Mumma has a baby in her belly.  But so does he.  And Dadda and Bullet and both grandmas have one in theirs too.  (to which the grandmas announced that they've got lawsuits waiting for some doctors if that's the case).

I saw this adorable idea on pinterest* that I imagined Grey and I doing together to involve him in the excitement of the new baby


And we tried, but ours turned out less cute and more wild


In the next few months, we'll be doing more baby prep.  We've got triple the baby prep this time around:  We need to prep the house & nursery, we need to re-prep Bullet, and we need to prep Greyson.  We'll be practicing with a babydoll on how to be kind and quiet, learning to sleep in a big boy bed, and learning about what the baby eats and plays with.  We'll also be setting up rituals that we do with Grey alone (big boy stuff) and how being a big boy is just as awesome as being the new baby.  He's only 17 months, but toddlers understand a lot more than adults initially imagine.  We're going to talk about it, because somewhere in there he hears us and he is learning.



*If you don't yet know about Pinterest, you are unfortunately missing out on a very big deal.  Be forewarned, hours will slip by without you realizing it.  Its highly addictive and dangerous for eating away your time.  Once you get over the initial addiction and uncontrollable pinning (and sometimes daydreaming about pinning), you'll learn how to control you're cravings and pin with ease and self-restraint.  Please don't be a crazy pinner and then never do the projects.  My friend Heather over at Life, Love, and Laughter is great at pinning and then actually doing.  I've been trying to be better at it too and will update with Pinterest projects soon (after I get fully updated on  here).  Happy pinning!! (and feel free to follow me!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! And I have way more time to actually do because I'm not chasing a toddler around and growing another one (at least not this month :) Pinterest is seriously an addiction that needs a support group.

    And by the way, you're def glowing this time! You look so happy!

    ReplyDelete